<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://zeefashionista.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Zee Fashionista: New York, New York

9.13.2011

New York, New York

This has to be my favourite time of year. We will now be blessed by a succession of fashion weeks, and New York Fashion Week Spring 2012 is first up. Now you already know that NYFW features some of the most anticipated collections in fashion, so I"ll get right to my favourite collections so far.





Tribal baby - I must admit, I've been more of a fan of Donna Karan's fragrances than her collections, but her new tribal-inspired collection blew me away. The collection's colour palette is incredible, and I love the form-fitting silhouettes. Everything from the prints and cuts of the dresses, to the models' slinked back hair, dark lipstick and wooden necklaces was just amazing. I am one of the converted!





Have a lil' fun - Marc Jacobs really knows how to switch things up. His Spring 2012 collection is youthful and fun with tones of red, yellow, and very beautiful orange. Who doesn't love a relaxed belted skirt and a cool jacket and pants combo?





Goin' retro with it  - Diane Von Furstenburg is a master of prints. Every single season her signature prints are always right on trend and just plain beautiful. What I love about this collection though is the 60s vibe. The colour-rimmed sunglasses and beehives were a cool touch, and the yellow, green and blue hues were refreshing. I was surprised by how baggy the collection mostly was.

On second thought, I was actually disappointed by NYFW. I mentioned earlier that I'd be posting my favourite collections, and sadly, this is it so far. I thought I would have liked  Alexander Wang and Zac Posen, but I was underwhelmed by both their collections. Hopefully Diesel Black and Gold will be much more entertaining, but if not, I'm sure London, Paris and Milan will not disappoint.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home