<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://zeefashionista.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Zee Fashionista: The Puma Creative Factory event!

3.06.2012

The Puma Creative Factory event!


So this is what Philosophy Honours does to you - I only get time to post pics like a week after the event!

Now despite the fact this PUMA Creative Factory Built for One event took place on the 29th of February at Earthlife in Cape Town, just looking at these pictures brings back all of the excitement from the night. As I mentioned in this post, I had the priviledge of designing my very own PUMA T7 jacket because I had been chosen as a PUMA T7 ambassador (along with 16 other lovely people, including Janine Jellars, Mili Bongela, Chantelle Da Silva, Lindiwe Suttle).


All our jacket's were unveiled at the event, and yes, you guessed it - I absolutely, positively LOVE mine. Of course, I named my jacket 'Zee Fashionista' and it embodies my playful side and the spirit of this blog, really - I just had to have the animal print panel, the lace, and a purple-blue-green-yellow colour scheme on it.  I have to give it to Donatella, the animal print was kinda inspired that that lovely men's bomber jacket from the Versace for H&M collezione...

Liezel van der Westhizen with her custom T7 jacket. (Pic via Splash Pr)


The other awesome part of the night was that 100 members of the public also got to design their own PUMA T7 jackets for just R699. There were a number of stations set up with colours and embellishments for everyone to choose from. Twenty-five seamstresses were on hand on the night to design the jackets, and I must say, those ladies had a pretty fast assembly line. It was amazing seeing people's reactions when they saw the final product - like, I made that?!

(Pic via Splash Pr)
 
(Pic via Splash Pr)



The night was not just about the jackets - there was the small matter of double-whiskey's floating around and some rather delicious gourmet hot-dogs to be had. The super live line-up (featuring Tommy Gun and Haasbroek) kept me quite entertained and it was great seeing some familiar fashion faces there too.

(Pic via Splash Pr)

Sheri Lee aka SA Fashion Girl was there too. I love her sequinned top.

(Pic via Splash Pr)


Shout out to this lady who laboriously added studs to my jacket.

Thank you again to PUMA and Splash PR teams for an incredible experience.

That's me, btw. Haha. This feels like a N.E.R.D. 'All the girls waiting in the line for the bathroom' moment.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At March 6, 2012 at 3:54 PM , Anonymous Christine said...

Love it Zinhle! Thanks for being part of the PUMA Creative Factory Built For One project - we absolutely love your jacket and your creativity! Hope all the Zee Fashionista's like it too :)

 
At March 23, 2012 at 1:16 AM , Blogger Sungeni said...

love the colours!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home